Job Entry: Lifestyle and culture writer needed. Apply now.
A fast growing international niche magazine is looking for a vibrant writer to join their editorial team to produce content relating to lifestyle and culture (Contents relating to home, luxury lifestyle, food, events people, lifestyle trends).
Work from home, your laptop and from your convenience as part-time/Anytime.
Under the supervision and guidance of the editor, you will be responsible to produce a wide range of lifestyle contents across the creative industry. Generate editorial ideas, plan your editorial calendar, develop close working relationship with various industry influencers, liaise with them as first point of contact for briefing , content requirements in the lifestyle areas.
Be part of the team , write lifestyle features content online and offline as required. Be engaged with the brand social media discussions, understanding that every member of the team is part of the marketing team too.
Your job includes dealing with those topics that have to do with people’s day to day lives traditional and contemporary. Some who understand the African culture, luxury lifestyle, and follows trends that goes along with them.
1. Experienced lifestyle writer – To provide evidence previous consistent write ups as a lifestyle blogger or journalist or contributor to an established magazine.
2. Proven experience of ability to write /generate idea on lifestyle and culture pertaining to mostly urban, Black, African culture, lifestyle and history.
3. Ability to write engaging creative content to the taste of the media brand.
4. Ability to write to a tight brief/word count /deadline.
5. Ideally will have some digital experience and knowledge of the internet, WordPress publishing, versatile and quick to learn.
6. Ability to cope well under pressure.
7. Experience and ability to liaise with people from different backgrounds and disciplines.
8. Good and clear communicator.
9. Self starter and motivator, excellent team player and ability to work efficiently unsupervised.
10. Ability to research topics, people and finding relevant quality contents for publication.
11. Preferably someone resident in Africa – Nigeria,Ghana, Botswana or Kenya.
To Apply: Send CV and samples of previous writing jobs.
Include your social media handles: Facebook, twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.